Thursday, August 13, 2009

Quinto Quarto


Last night I made my way over to Quinto Quarto in the heart of the West Village. I was really in the mood for candlelight, pasta, red wine and good conversation and that is exactly what I got! This cozy little gem will transport you Tuscany the second you walk in the door. Every staff member is Italian..think gorgeous, flirty with those dreamy eyes. When asking our waiter Manuelo what he liked, he didn't hesitiate to recommend his favorites. I had the Lombrichelli All'Estrusca -homemade pasta, tomato, chili peppers and pecorino cheese. The moment it was placed in front of me, I knew I was going to love it! It was perfectly cook al dente and the sauce made me feel like I was back in Veneto.
I highly recommend ordering the house wine in the carafes aka fojetta. It's $14 and you pretty much get an entire bottle. Go easy on it because Matteo, the GM, will most likely send over a complimentary glass of limoncello or sambuca.
It was raining but they have a garden in the back that I definitely plan on enjoying in the near future.
Quinto Quarto 14 Bedford St, near Downing St.

No comments:

Post a Comment