Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hotel Griffou







So the other night I went to dinner with my sister and her boyfriend to Hotel Griffou. Here is my overall thoughts of it...

The space is great. Its very unique and sort of has an exclusive feel to it. There are 3 different dining rooms and a bar space. I had the Writer's Block to start off with before I had my wine with dinner. The drink was with pomegranate and champagne. It was really tasty. My sister liked it too.

The service was great. After all of the mixed reviews I was surprised. Our waitress was very attentive and so was the bussers and water guys. Overall, I thought it was way better then expected and better then...hmmm....other restaurants...wink.

The food was alright. The cauliflower soup was outstanding. I dont even like cauliflower but I wasnt feeling well so I wanted soup and ordered it. It was really great. Both Nick and I had it and it was yummy in the tummy. I had the scallops which was very mediocre. Not impressed at all. Nick had the burger and thought it was good. However, after having the mind blowing Black Label Burger at Minetta, no other burger will taste that good! My sister had the Griffou pork chops and peas. She loves peas and that sort of stuff and really liked it. Overall, the food was good but not WOW!

The crowd/scene was dynamic. Everyone from the blue buttons to Jonathan Alder himself. It hits a large group of people. I think thats what I liked about it the most is that you really couldnt be like....only finance guys or fashionistas or celebrities. Its a good change of pace compared to most restaurants that I have been to lately.

Overall, I liked the space and thinks its a great spot to get drinks. I wouldnt necessarily eat there again but I would definately go back!
Hotel Griffou
21 W. 9th Street
212-358-0228

No comments:

Post a Comment