Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ten Bells


After I went to Le Cubain, I wondered across the street to Ten Bells. The aromas of chorizo and the sight of oysters had me salivating even though I just came from dinner. The brick walls are covered in chalkboards with a list of the daily menu and wines. This is strictly a wine and beer bar. The dark nature of the space makes this a great date spot. Even on a Monday night, this place was full of people enjoying themselves. I ordered the only Pinot Noir by the glass they had. It was very earthly and light. In other words it was very nice, especially after a meal I just ate.

I really like this space for a wide range of people. Older couples, family visiting, girls night out...it works for all sorts of people. This isn't a place to have a full meal though. Its only small plates (think meats, cheeses, shrimp nachos, empanadas, etc.)

Overall: If anyone is in the LES or waiting for a table at Barrio Chino this is a great spot to sit, enough a glass of wine and listen to music like the Brazilian Girls.

Hope you enjoyed it!
Ten Bells
247 Broome Street at Ludlow
212.228.4450

No comments:

Post a Comment